Cakes are such magical things. They are both comfort food and luxury food. There is something about cakes that leaves you feeling satisfied and just happy in general. We could say there is a very fun vibe to cakes. They can light up any situation. This is what makes them an inseparable part of our celebrations. On birthdays or anniversaries, we all need cakes and we make trips to our favorite bakery to get our cakes. You can also get cakes online Hyderabad. As convenient as these options of buying cakes from our favorite bakery and ordering them online may be, they still lack a personal touch.
This personal touch can only be achieved by baking a cake yourself. You don’t even have to wait for a special occasion to bake for yourself and your loved ones. You can do it pretty much any time you want. You can even beat the Monday blues with a well-made endless orange juice cake. As interesting as it sounds, let’s get to know more about it and eventually learn how to make it. Are you ready?
The eggless orange juice cake
Yes, you got that right. We will be exploring the delicious orange juice cake. The best part about this recipe is that it is eggless. So, no animals will be harmed in the making of this cake. It is completely friendly to all the vegetarians. Secondly, the orange juice cake is a sober interpretation of the rum cake that we usually get to see around Christmas. However, children and adults who should be abstaining from alcohol can’t have rum cake. The orange juice cake is for everyone. With its fresh and sweet flavors, this cake is perfect for all occasions. If you haven’t had it before you must certainly give it a try. Moving on, let’s have a look at the ingredients.
The ingredients that go into the fresh orange juice cake are simple yet wholesome. The best thing about them is that you can find most of the ingredients at your home itself. So, you don’t have to worry about making a run to the nearest supermarket. Plus, if you think about it, the ingredients aren’t that many either. So, you get the best of both worlds. With that being said, let’s disclose the ingredients and take them out together.
- One cup of orange juice
- A few almonds
- A couple of cherries
- Some raisins
- A few dates
- One plum
- Half a handful of cashews
- One and one-fourth cups of all-purpose flour
- Three fourth cup of whole wheat flour
- One cup butter or oil
- One and one-fourth cups of soy milk or normal milk
- Two tablespoons of vinegar
- One-fourth teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- Half teaspoon of green cardamom powder
- One-eighth teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One and one-fifth cups of brown sugar
- One teaspoon of baking soda – one
Once you have gone through all the ingredients of the orange juice cake, it becomes all the way easier for you to understand the recipe. It is pretty simple to bake the orange juice cake if your cake ingredients are present in the prescribed quantities. You can avail online delivery at your doorstep by downloading FlowerAura’s cake order app From the amounts of ingredients present in the list, you will be able to serve around eight people. It will take you around twenty-five minutes to prepare for the baking and then it will take you around another forty-five to fifty-five minutes to bake the cake. So, let’s get baking, shall we?
- Chop all of your dry fruits together and put them in a bowl full of fresh orange juice.
- Let the bowl sit in the fridge for one day.
- Now take your all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, green cardamom powder, and baking powder and put them on a fine strainer to sieve them.
- Add your brown sugar and butter to the sieved ingredients.
- Take the juice-soaked dry fruits out of the fridge and add them to the cake mixture.
- Add baking soda and vinegar to milk and let it curdle.
- Mix the milk to the cake mix.
- At 180 degrees Celsius preheat your oven.
- Pour your cake batter into a greased and dusted cake tin.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes.
Take the cake out and let it cool before serving it.